Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reasons Why I am an Awesome mom...

I am an awesome mom. I survived Halloween Weekend..by myself. Here are the stats:

2 VERY sick people - as in one spouse and one five year old girl who had the fevery flu...for days and still going.

4 painted pumpkins - could quite possibly be worse than carving all four kids pumpkins simultaniously

1 gigantic mess made by the two-legged tornado (Ellie's nickname) - envision red paint all over herself and the pumpkin, and the floor, and the carpet and the stairs, and the bathroom door - Awesome.

1 night of trick or treating in the freezing rain. Awesome again. Me trick or treating for McKell who was too sick to hold her bag.

4 school Halloween parties

1 office trick or treat

1 Neighborhood Halloween party

Family pictures - with the sick people totally faking smiles since I couldn't reschedule

Halloween dinner of mummy dogs and apple monster slices...which no one ate. My attempt at a fun Halloween dinner.

Yes...I am amazing and tired. And I was so busy doing all this, I didn't get a picture of the kids in their costumes. We'll have to fake it in a week when McKell is feeling better. We'll just pose in front of the Thanksgiving decorations.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm with you on this one Maureen. I am already campaigning to go on vacation next year on Halloween. The more kids I have and the older they get - the less I love Halloween. It seems like a lot of work to do just to throw the pumpkins and candy crap away, doesn't it?