My magical, stress-free holiday season has snowballed into crazy chaos for another year. All this end of year tasking is making me lose my mind - gifts, accounting, perscription refills, trips to the doctor, regular life, etc.
Why do we do these things to ourselves?
I just finished and mailed out Christmas Cards. McKell was helping and Safari has the stamps to prove it. Now, if Safari ever gets lost someone will just have to look at her back or her head to see where she lives.
I'm in the process of making queso and chips for our neighbor gifts, I've spent all week working on the bookkeeping, realizing I'm terribly disorganized, attending to a three-year-old's needs - she's had a staph infection in her leg and a croupy cough and cold. For some reason I was determined to make (or copy) my friend's cranberry wreath - which I LOVE and is so pretty, but time I should have spent doing other things..
I have so much to do that I start getting frustrated and get that balled up feeling in my chest where I don't know whether to scream or cry. And as I'm typing this, why does the dog have to bark so much? She must be protesting her new look.
But I'm done, I need to slow down and enjoy time with my kids. So tonight we'll make some hot chocolate with candy canes 'stirrers', watch a Christmas movie, and I'll drink up my kids Christmas excitement.
I'm going to take a cue from the weather outside and be still...
3 comments:
I wish I could be there with you in the snow!!! I'm sooo jealous! We need another girl's weekend away from all the chaos!
Sometimes I find that I'm so caught up in everything I think needs to be done that I miss all the "joy" that I'm supposed to be feeling... oh and "peace"... there's never any "peace"....
But I can't wait to see your christmas card... I just love how cute your kids are!
Loved getting your Christmas card. Thanks for taking the crazy time to do it! I'm a step behind you, and I don't even have a dog to get stamped.
I know that lunch today made your life even harder, but it was so great to see you! I miss being able to run outside and have our morning chats so we'll have to figure out some way to make up for them.
Post a Comment