Today:
8:30 am - Late dropping Austin off at school (not really late, but late for my next carpool pick-up)
8:55 am - Pick up all little girls in preschool carpool
9:05 am - Take girls' to preschool. McKell slips on ice, crying in the driveway. Me - rush to help her in my cute red shoes (flats, not heels) slip on the ice and do a body slam on top of her. She's crying, I want to cry - partly because I hurt myself and partly b/c three other little preschoolers are looking at me and I'm humiliated because I don't have time to change before I rush off to other appointments and I'm soaked from the bum down.
9:15am - Take McKell with me to errands and appointments because she doesn't want to leave me because she apparently is traumatized because I fell on her. After much dissuasion, I give up and have her come with me. Me, frustrated that my 'free' two hours will be complicated now.
9:45am - Late for an appointment, which means we'll have to re-schedule because the timing won't work with having to get back for preschool pick up and Kindergarten pick up
10:00 am - Frustrated from my plans being totally thrown off and the fact that I will now have to wear nothing but ugly, clunky boots the rest of the winter, order a Large Coke at McDonald's and suck it down.
10:30am - Decide I must visit a cupcake store because: a. it sounds yummy and b. I have a playgroup over soon and little girls eat dainty, cute cupcakes. I buy a dozen (remember, they are small and totally overpriced) and a few extra for me!
11:00am and 11:10 am - Respective pick-ups for Preschool and Kindergarten
12:45 pm - Corral kids to car after not eating lunches and only eating the frosting off my dainty, cute, overpriced cupcakes.
1:00pm - Drop girls off at houses
1:30 pm - Well-kid visits for Ellie and Tyler. After taking off Ellie's clothes and looking at her in her diaper I ask myself when the last time I changed her was and what she actually ate for food today. I rummage through my purse hoping I have another diaper because it is REALLY full...no such luck. I'm hoping even more the doctor won't notice.
2:00 pm - Doctor comments on Ellie's really full diaper saying, "Wow, she's really hydrated". I laugh a nervous laugh. Doctor asks what Ellie usually eats, "For instance, what did she have today?" I didn't have the heart to tell her two McDonald's chocolate chip cookies, some sips of my Coke, a dum-dum sucker, and a bottle.
2:30 pm - Leave the doctor's office with Ellie screaming from getting shots, McKell screaming because she slammed her fingers in the door, and Tyler asking me why he got a shot. Diversion: Tyler was very nervous to get his shot. He kept sitting up right before she gave it to him and said, "Wait, wait wait". He did this a few times and the last time, he started crying instantly as soon as she stuck in the needle. He stopped mid-cry and said, "actually, that doesn't hurt" and was totally fine.
3:30pm - Come home to a total mess. Realize the dog has jumped on the table (apparently she's over getting shocked when she gets near it) and spilled everything on the ground - making the strawberry milk in the cups shoot across the kitchen, all over the floor. Tyler, while lying on the floor near the strawberry milk mess says, "Mom, the milk's all over the floor. " Thank you Captain Obvious. I ask him to get me a diaper to change Ellie's overloaded one. He brings me a pull-up. I worry about the reasoning ability in that boy...
Honestly, after all the hiccups in my day, the thing that bugs me the most is the dog. Can you really not think of anything else besides food?! Get a grip, dog...
I really am not a dog person. Don't ask me why I don't' sell her...it's a fruitless argument.
And, if you are still reading this then you are either a mother, have been a mother, or a family member of mine and are therefore obligated to read my entries.
The day's not over - we still have homework, wrestling carpool and a shower to re-caulk.
9 comments:
I am laughing to the point of tears. This is awesome and thanks for sharing. You will want to remember this day forever! P.S. No snow in Dublin. :)
You are hilarious! You have a way of taking a mother's typical day and making it sound funny - what a talent!
Leighann
You should write a book! I am not kidding. Your stories are so funny and entertaining to read. I sometimes think London needs a shock collar. She gets into everything and climbs up everywhere. Today she lost our check from our renters. (it was a money order!) Don't ask me how she got a hold of it...it was on Jason's watch!
I think your post should be titled, "Reality... and why I don't love snow" instead... seems to me the day went downhill when you slipped on the ice... ahhh... no snow in Phoenix, either... want to visit? Of course, I have to be sure my house is entirely santized and pink eye free before I can have a playdate....by then the snow will be melted in Utah... sigh... :)
I am really missing California weather by about now :) Your day makes me laugh (only because it wasn't me) and made my seem like a piece of cake...thanks by the way, for the mention of cupcakes. I'm trying to wean myself off sugar (I seriously think I have an addiction) and the mere mention of cupcakes made my mouth water. Audrey is s-l-o-w-l-y getting over her wheeziness and cough. I.HATE. bronchiolitis. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll be well enough by next week.
That was a great post. I laughed the whole way through. I have had days like that too (Minus the dog thing. I refuse to get one).
Ohhhh LOVE IT! I'm sorry... I laughed.. right out loud! This just sounds so much like a day in my life! Your so funny!
Would you like me to bring over some pretty beads to go in your shower caulking? I think it will be the perfect compliment to your shower decor. hee hee :). I laughed so hard at the preschool drop-off part! Thanks for making me laugh, I needed it!
hey email me lj68@hotmail.com and ill send u my address...better late that never right ;-)
Post a Comment