Monday, January 5, 2009

Light bulbs, the Joker, angry grunts and burning eyes...

Scenario: Me, putting on lip gloss before going to church and Tyler watching. It's a new color (a bit darker than my normal nude color) and I'm thinking it looks pretty darn good.

Tyler: "Mom, you look like the Joker with that lipstick on your face"

Thank you, Tyler...this is the comparison you chose?! A deranged, scary, psychotic man who's entire being spews darkness? I knew which Joker he meant because he'd seen the preview picture for the Dark Knight - don't try to make me feel better.




********************
McKell asked me if she could do something the other night, I don't remember what but she was standing at the bottom of the stairs and once I said "Yes" she clapped her hands and ran over and said, "You a nice mommy, thank you" and showers my legs with kisses. I then said, "I'm so happy that I'm such a nice mommy". She then said, "No, sometimes you do this" and proceeds to put her hands on her hips and grunts an angry grunt and has a scowl on her face.

**********************
Mom of the Year Award...


"Mother who has her boys sleep on top of burnt out light bulbs". Yes, that would be the title for this award. Last night I forgot to take the used bulbs off of the top bunk, where both boys love to sleep. I had a vague recollection this morning that I didn't take them off the bed and I asked Austin this morning if he saw light bulbs in his bed. He said, "Yep, I didn't know what they were for, so I threw them off the bed. They're probably behind the bed or on the ground". Ok, I've always prided myself on my son being bright and very logical - why would he not put them on the dresser or tell me? Throw them on the ground?!


"Mother who burns her child's eyes out" . This particular award would be for my scarring experience of putting ear numbing drops in Ellie's eyes. I was totally traumatized, the entire time I was washing out her eyes thinking she'd have one eye and she'd have to wear an eye patch or a glass eye, which really doesn't 'fake' any one out and that she'd have horrible wedding pictures with an eye patch.

She was fine - just screaming from the shocking cold water and the stinging of the numbing drops.

Just keeping it real people, just keeping it real.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Maureen, I just read your post and I am still laughing! Thanks for reminding me that we all have those moments!

Kristen said...

I LOVE IT!!! Oh the humility thrust upon us by our children :)

Brooke said...

Oh Maureen...I am dying right now. That is all just too funny and I needed a good laugh tonight. The girl's mention that they've seen Austin a few times at school...they are LOVING it and I am so relieved!