Monday, May 11, 2009

My proud mom moment from last week...


Such a proud Mom moment last week at the doctors office. McKell had her four year old check-up last week, scheduled at the same time as Ellie's well baby visit (albeit a few months late, but hey, we're lucky to feed kids around here). As a side note, McKell turned four two weeks ago and no, I haven't posted on her birthday, nor Austin's eight year old birthday in March...I know, bad mom, but I can live with it.

Anyway, the nurse was testing McKell's eyes with the shape chart. McKell would say, "heart, circle, star, etc". The nurse then pointed to a picture of the American flag and McKell, without skipping a beat says, "A tattoo". I laughed so hard. The nurse then said, "Oh, does someone in your family have a flag tattoo?"

If I was to have a tattoo, I certainly wouldn't pick the American flag - maybe a motto like, "There will always be something on your to-do list" or something on my head that says, "Say please first". I told the nurse that we didn't have any tattoos of flags or any other things on people in our house. This while Ellie was running around the hallway in only a diaper and socks with three suckers stuck to her belly and her neck frozen in one direction because her neck crease was 'glued' together with sticky sucker sugar with fuzz hanging off.

I'm not sure the nurse was convinced.

3 comments:

Alice said...

Seriously Maureen, can you please start doing a daily entry? I always knew you were funny but whenever I read these I am crying from laughing so hard! You know how to put into words everything that is going through my head. Thanks for making my day a little lighter!

Leighann said...

oh my goodness - you are hilarious!!! I've had many such moments at a doctor's office - like when my now 4 year old shouted to the whole doctor's office that "My mom did this to me - my mom HURTS ME!!" when I took her in for a "nurse's elbow" (dislocation from her going "limp" while I held on to her hand) - I thought DFS was on their way for sure!

Annalise said...

Seriously LOL!! I had to read this one to Brandon, too. Isn't being a mom great?! ;)